What is Trust SSL Seal?
Seal Certum is a prestigious SSL certificate add-on that you can implement to your website secured with a Certum certificate, assuring the user of the trustworthiness of your website. It will provide the users of your website with immediate assurance of the highest security level, which, for example in the case of e-commerce, can translate into increased conversions.
What do I have to do to add the Trust SSL Seal?
To add the Trust Seal SSL to a website secured with a Certum certificate you need the following:
- Access to the source code of the website
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Trust SSL Seal code
How to add the Trust SSL Seal code to a website?
Here’s what you need to do to add the Trust SSL Seal code:
a) Copy the desired seal code in the format:
b) Paste the selected code in the desired place on your website
Note: Changes to the seal code are not recommended as they may cause the Trust SSL Seal to malfunction
Most common problems:
a) The Trust SSL Seal is not displayed:
Check if the seal code has not been changed
b) The seal is displayed in grayscale (no color)
If your certificate has been grayed out, it is most likely that:
- The certificate on the website is revoked
- The certificate on the website has expired
- The certificate on the website has not yet become valid
- No certificate has been found on the website
- The certificate is intended for a different address (SAN)
- The certificate has been issued by another issuer (not CERTUM)
c) What the different colors of the seal mean:
- The blue seal indicates a seal for a domain with a DV or OV certificate
- The green seal indicates a seal for a domain with an EV certificate.