How to renew an SSL certificate?
The process of purchasing an SSL certificate renewal consists of the following steps:
- Select the product you want to renew in the store and then choose the Renewal option.
- Add the service to your cart, then confirm and pay for your order
Activation of certificate renewal
You will be able to initiate the renewal process from your account, under the Certificate Activation tab.
- Select the certificate you want to renew from the list and click: Activate
- Select the key delivery method for the certificate:
- Generating a key pair — creating a key pair using Certum CryptoAgent application via a browser
- CSR (Certificate Signing Request) — sending the generated CSR
- Select the certificate file you want to renew
- Select the verification method for the domain or domains for which the certificate is requested
- verification of the domain administrator’s e-mail address
- verification by placing the file on the server
- verification by placing the TXT record in the DNS database
- verification by placing the CNAME record in the DNS database
- verification by placing the TXT record in the DNS database for the domain prefixed with “_certum” label
- verification by placing the CNAME record in the DNS database for the domain prefixed with “_certum” label
- If you activate a Trusted OV SSL or Premium EV SSL certificate, send Certum the relevant documents proving your identity or choose a method of auto-identification. Note: If you are renewing your certificate within 13 months of its activation, your information may be verified based on the previously submitted documents.