Verification process and required documents
The verification process and documents required after purchasing a Certum E-mail ID Certificate
The Certum S/MIME Mailbox
Certum S/MIME Mailbox certificates are issued automatically based on the Subscriber’s demonstrated control over the E-mail address. Certum does not require any additional documents from the Subscriber.
The verification of access to the E-mail address consists in clicking on the verification link, which is sent during certificate activation to the E-mail address indicated by the customer.
In justified cases, the Certum Team may ask for sending additional documents necessary for proper verification.
The Certum S/MIME Individual, Sposnor, Organization
In order to activate below certificates, in addition to verification of the E-mail access, it is necessary to verify the identity of the Subscriber (person applying for the certificate). The method of verification is selected during certificate activation.
Verification based on Ariadnext:
Verification based on documents
Selecting the option of verification based on documents consists in sending the following documents:
- notarial confirmation of identity
or for a quicker issuance
- a photo of Subsciber of certificates with document (ID card, passport, driving license, permanent residence card).
We would like to inform you that if you choose the option of a copy of the identity document, this copy will be used only for the purpose of processing the contract/order and after confirmation of your identity will not be further processed and will be immediately, permanently deleted from our database.
Additionally, also an authorization/power of attorney [power of attorney template] confirming the applicant’s authorization to represent the entity if the person applying for the certificate is not authorized to represent the institution on their own.
If the CN field does not contain the subscriber’s full name, i.e., the certificate is not be issued for a natural person, Certum will request confirmation of identity and will verify the rights of the person ordering the certificate.
All collected documents should be sent to Certum using one of the following methods:
- by E-mail as a password-protected file to the address: email@example.com (recommended form), please contact the Certum technical support helpline in order to determine how to transfer the password
- by fax to: +48 91 4257 422
- by post to:
Validity of the documents being the basis for verification of certification applications:
8. For new certification applications and for renewed certificates, documents and information from public registers may not be older than 13 months,
9. Authorization documents, whether they are timely or not — remain valid for 13 months from the date of issue,
10. Identity documents must be up-to-date (valid) on the day the certificate is issued.
11. Identity documents delivered to Certum by E-mail should be sent in a password-protected file, please contact the Certum technical support helpline in order to determine how to transfer the password.