How to renew Email ID (S/MIME) certificate?
The renewal allows to extend the validity of the certificate while maintaining the data contained therein.
The process of purchasing an E-mail ID (S/MIME) certificate renewal consists of the following steps:
- Select the product you want to renew in the store and then choose the Renewal option.
- Add the service to your cart, then confirm and pay for your order
You will be able to initiate the renewal process from your account, under the Certificate Activation tab.
- Select the certificate you want to renew from the list and click: Activate
- Select the key delivery method for the certificate:
- Generating a key pair — creating a key pair using Certum CryptoAgent application via a browser
- CSR (Certificate Signing Request) — sending the generated CSR
- Select the certificate file you want to renew
- Verify access to the E-mail address by clicking on the verification link, which is sent during certificate activation to the E-mail address specified in the online form by the customer.
- If you activate an E-mail ID Business certificate, send Certum the relevant documents proving your identity or choose a method of auto-identification.
Note: If you are renewing your certificate within 13 months of its activation, your information may be verified based on the previously submitted documents.
Note: Renew E-mail ID (S/MIME) will be possible only till 28 August. From 28 August there will be new products Certum S/MIME.