The verification process and the documents required when purchasing:
The Certum S/MIME Mailbox
Certum S/MIME certificates are issued automatically based on the Subscriber’s demonstrated control over the e-mail address. Certum does not require any additional documents from the Subscriber.
The verification of access to the e-mail address consists in clicking on the verification link, which is sent during certificate activation to the e-mail address indicated by the customer.
In justified cases, the Certum Team may ask for sending additional documents necessary for proper verification.
The Certum S/MIME Individual, Sponsor, Organization
In order to activate below certificate, in addition to verification of the e-mail access, it is necessary to verify the identity of the Subscriber (person applying for the certificate). The method of verification is selected during certificate activation.
Verification based on Aridnnext:
Verification based on documents
This method consists in sending the following documents:
- confirmation of identity at the Certum Point, (details: https://sklep.certum.pl/partnersmap/)
- notarial confirmation of identity
or for a quicker issuance
- a photo of Subsciber of certificates with document (ID card, passport, driving license, permanent residence card).
We would like to inform you that if you choose the option of a copy of the identity document, this copy will be used only for the purpose of processing the contract/order and after confirmation of your identity will not be further processed and will be immediately, permanently deleted from our database.
- additionally, also a power of attorney, authorization or employment certificate for the person whose data is to be included in the certificate is required – if such person represents the entity whose name is to appear in the field Organization.
Validity of the documents being the basis for verification of certification applications:
- For new certification applications and for renewed certificates, documents and information from public registers may not be older than 13 months,
- Authorization documents, whether they are timely or not – remain valid for 13 months from the date of issue,
- Identity documents must be up-to-date (valid) on the day the certificate is issued.
- Identity documents delivered to Certum by e-mail should be sent in a password-protected file, please contact the Certum technical support helpline in order to determine how to transfer the password